Join the Traveltek team and help shape the future of travel technology
Traveltek has been delivering cutting-edge booking solutions to travel agents, tour operators and wholesalers for almost two decades and is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading travel technology providers. Our comprehensive range of finely-tuned products helps our global client base - which spans more than 30 countries - to work smarter, improve their bottom line and enhance customer experience and retention.
We handle millions of transactions annually, offering real-time support to our clients. This calls for a dedicated team of experts, proficient in a wide range of skills; from developers, web designers, sales and marketing, to project management, implementation and customer success. They all share a common passion for delivering high quality service standards and technical proficiency. Sound like you?
We are currently looking for a Application Support Technician to join our friendly and ever-expanding team. In this role you will interact directly with our clients when they require assistance with Traveltek systems. As an Application Support Technician you will be required to work with various in-house web applications to help you resolve any issues that may arise, communicating with customers through our industry standard ticketing portal, speaking with third-party suppliers, and acting as part of our 24-hour support team to provide best in class customer service for our clients.
This is an excellent opportunity for somebody with strong customer support skills and some technical experience, to help provide world class service to our customers across the globe.
You will work closely with our Commercial, Project Management, and Customer Success teams to solve problems and resolve complex technical issues. You will report into Traveltek’s Operations organization and represents the voice of our clients within the business. A passion for technology, a passion for travel, and technology expertise combined with excellent communication skills and business insight are critical for your success.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Effectively solve problems and resolve client-raised support cases using our incident management tool, Jira Service Desk
- Understanding our customers businesses and how they use the system
- Finding problems in XML requests and responses
- Speaking with third-party suppliers to help resolve client queries
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with various areas and levels of the organization
- Provide detailed explanation on case specifics when calling out issues that require resolution by the Traveltek product or technical teams
- Contribute to knowledge base comments and articles to further internal and external knowledge transfer
- Identify and remediate opportunities for process improvement
- Call-out new information and work closely with other Application Support Technicians on a consistent basis
- Monitor availability of all Traveltek products to maintain a consistent awareness of current performance
- You will be a solid teammate with a talent for problem-solving, who is customer focused and inspired by organisational effectiveness.
The Ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge and or experience:
- Must have at least 1+ years customer service experience
- An ability to communicate clearly focusing on the client relationship at all times
- An ability to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems
- An ability to read XML/JSON responses and log data would be ideal but not essential
- Customer-oriented with exceptional communication skills
- Experience working with APIs and SQL would be ideal but not essential
- Strong multi-tasking skills who can handle multiple projects at a time, whilst prioritising tasks effectively, and
- Thrives in a dynamic, pressured and complex environment
- Experience in a similar technical product support or incident management position ideal
The position of Application Support Technician is an exciting, dynamic and highly rewarding one for the right candidate. In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary, a benefits package that includes holiday entitlement of up to 20 days plus public holidays, Private Health Care and a Pension Contribution Scheme.
This position is full time and is based in our office in Brisbane, Australia.
The working hours are in line with core business hours.
Foreign language skills, especially Spanish, German, Italian or French would be advantageous.
Applicants must be permitted to work in Australia and currently be residing in the country.
Join Traveltek and you become part of a team that values strong working relationships, career progression and shared success. We are committed to your development and job satisfaction in the firm belief that if you excel, so do we. We want you to play a key role in our evolution and expansion, becoming part of our on-going success story – and the growing Traveltek family.
We look forward to having you on board!