Join Traveltek and play a part in shaping the future of online travel booking
Traveltek is seeking an experienced and talented Application Support Technician to join our Customer Support Advocate Team. This is an excellent opportunity for somebody with strong technical and customer support skills to help provide world class service to our customers across the globe. In this role you will interact directly with our clients when they require assistance with Traveltek systems. As a Support Technician you will be required to work with various in-house web applications to help you resolve any issues that may arise, communicating with customers through our industry standard ticketing portal, speaking with third-party suppliers, and acting as part of our 24-hour support team to provide best in class customer service for our clients.
You will work closely with our Commercial, Project Management, and Customer Success teams to solve problems and resolve highly complex technical issues. You will report into Traveltek’s Operations organization and represents the voice of our clients within the business. A passion for technology, a passion for travel, and solid technology expertise combined with excellent communication skills and business insight are critical for your success.
Traveltek helps travel businesses around the globe to sell, create and manage their travel portfolio with more than 600 flight, hotel, cruise and ancillary suppliers. With thousands of users and millions of rows of data, a career at Traveltek offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast-growing organisation. With over fifteen years’ experience, we are recognised as one of the leading travel technology companies in the world.
- Effectively solve problems and resolve client-raised support cases using our incident management tool, Jira Service Desk
- Provide 1st line functional or technical assistance and guidance where required
- Understanding our customers businesses and how they use the system
- Finding problems in XML requests and responses
- Speaking with third-party suppliers about API integrations
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with various areas and levels of the organization
- Provide detailed explanation on case specifics when calling out issues that require resolution by the Traveltek product or technical teams
- Contribute to knowledge base comments and articles to further internal and external knowledge transfer
- Identify and remediate opportunities for process improvement
- Call-out new information and work closely with other Technical Customer Support Advocates on a consistent basis
- Monitor availability of all Traveltek products to maintain a consistent awareness of current performance
- You will be a solid teammate with a talent for problem-solving, who is customer focused and inspired by organisational effectiveness.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Must have at least 1+years customer service experience
- Proficiency with APIs and SQL as related to other programming languages
- Experience working with Linux, MySQL, SVN and Git
- Programming experience, preferably Perl or Python, able to read code rather than write
- Familiarity with web-based and mobile based development and understand typical technology architecture for high-volume web sites
- Ability to deliver high quality and workable solutions for technical issues
- Ability to communicate technical specifications and solve problems
- Ability to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems
- Customer-oriented with exceptional communication skills
- A good technical background, such as a bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or related field preferred) work experience or demonstrable skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills who can handle multiple projects at a time, whilst prioritising tasks effectively, and thrive in a dynamic, pressured and complex environment
- Commercial experience in a similar technical product support, consulting or incident management position
Competitive salary, excellent benefit package and enhanced holiday entitlement
Working hours will be in line with core business hours
The position is subject to pre-employment checks including Disclosure Scotland screening.
Join Traveltek and you become part of a team that values strong working relationships, career progression and shared success. We are committed to your development and job satisfaction in the firm belief that if you excel, so do we. We want you to play a key role in our evolution and expansion, becoming part of our on-going success story – and the growing Traveltek family.
Take your career to new heights with Traveltek.
We look forward to having you on board!