Join Team Traveltek and help shape the future of travel technology
Traveltek has been delivering cutting-edge booking solutions to travel agents, tour operators and wholesalers for almost two decades and is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading travel technology providers. We are currently looking for an AWS DevOps Engineer to help manage our expanding hosting environment, and help us meet our aggressive migration plans.
Our Systems team are responsible for keeping our global platform up and running 24/7, and liaising with a variety of third party organisations to ensure that we are providing the best possible service to our internal and external customers.
The Ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge and or experience:
- Previous job experience as a Systems or DevOps engineer, preferably in an e-commerce environment
- Experience and knowledge of AWS setup, best practices and AWS services such as EC2, S3, ElastiCache and RDS
- Understanding the AWS Well Architected Framework
- Knowledge of AWS DevOps tools like CodePipeline, CodeDeploy, CodeBuild, as well as Jenkins and Github
- Experience building environments with Terraform
- A history of automation, in scripting languages such as Perl, Bash or Python
- Proven expertise in Linux server management, preferably Ubuntu
- Strong networking skills with experience of configuring both physical and cloud networking
- Monitoring with Nagios, Zabbix, Datadog or similar
- MySQL/MariaDB experience
- Bonus points if you have previous experience dealing with PCI DSS and GDPR requirements
Why work for us
The position of AWS DevOps Engineer is an exciting, dynamic and highly rewarding one for the right candidate. In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary and a benefits package that includes:
- Holiday Entitlement of up to 36 days
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Life Events celebration bonuses for Birthday, First Wedding and Baby
- TekBux - employee nominated bonus scheme, where points earned can be cashed for gift cards
This position is full time and is based in Traveltek Headquarters in East Kilbride, Glasgow. Our office is freshly decorated and comes with benefits such as:
- Free fresh fruit, tea and coffee
- Computer Games station
- Free Car Parking
- Social Nights
- Easy commute from Glasgow, Hairmyres train station, 5 minute walk
Join Traveltek and you become part of a team that values its people, has strong working relationships, career progression and shared success. We are committed to your development and job satisfaction in the firm belief that if you excel, so do we. We want you to play a key role in our evolution and expansion, becoming part of our on-going success story – and the growing Traveltek family.
We look forward to having you on board!