Join the Traveltek team and help shape the future of travel technology
Traveltek has been delivering cutting-edge booking solutions to travel agents, tour operators and wholesalers for almost two decades and is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading travel technology providers. Our comprehensive range of finely-tuned products helps our global client base - which spans more than 30 countries - to work smarter, improve their bottom line and enhance customer experience and retention.
We handle millions of transactions annually, offering real-time support to our clients. This calls for a dedicated team of experts, proficient in a wide range of skills; from developers, web designers, sales and marketing to project management, implementation and customer success. They all share a common passion for delivering high quality service standards and technical proficiency. Sound like you?
We’re pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy and are always on the lookout for fresh talent to help us achieve our ambitious plans for growth. We are currently looking for a Business Analyst to join our friendly and ever-expanding team to To collate and analyse information and trends from customers and the global market to influence and inform Sales and Development Teams on the direction of product design and customer needs.
By studying the trends and needs of Traveltek’s customers, their business model, their consumer market trends to help map and highlight new initiatives and enhancements for Traveltek products. Making recommendations to the Project Manager in technical development projects that will improve Traveltek’s business efficiency, penetration of the market, especially the USA market and enhance our position as the ‘business partner of choice’.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage research and data gathering into the US, Australia and the UK and Europe markets. Analyse the data and predict trends and patterns of growth and development needs for each market place. Collaborate with internal and external customers to gather historical trends on areas of growth to influence future product development to meet customer demands.
- Eliciting requirements and critically evaluating information using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis plus task and workflow analysis.
- Collaborating with other departments to establish a technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs which meet customer demands and market trends.
- Provide expertise to the Strategic Pre-Sales Partnership Manager and Chief Commercial Officer on strategic market developments and priorities based on historical data trends, market feedback in support of the development of effective product initiatives to support business development and growth within our targeted markets.
- Develop and implement a business analysis database, including procedures, categories of data, source libraries, SWOT analysis, trends and projected market growth areas. Gather data on all Traveltek customers and non customers as well as competitors and identify areas for market and product penetration.
- The post holder will engage in specific client projects to help specify the best solution for a client utilising the Traveltek technology stack. This would include delivery of a project specification document to be agreed with the client and delivery team.
- Undertake and perform any other responsibilities and duties as may be required which are appropriate to the scope, grading and seniority of the post or the skills and abilities of the post holder.
The Ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge and or experience:
- University degree in Business Analytics or equivalent
- Professional qualification in a relevant specialist area i.e. Postgraduate qualification or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Business Analytics
- Previous experience within a Tech environment
- Experience of external partnership work or customer/client relationships.
- Management qualification
- Knowledge of a broad range of online and offline communications.
- Ability to use multiple analytical tools
- Excellent knowledge on analytical tools and methodologies
- Excellent knowledge of how to source, obtain and collate industry data
- Significant knowledge of how to construct and develop data libraries / warehouses and to extract relevant reports
- Knowledge and experience of industrial and employer engagement.
- Effective Facilitation and presentation skills.
- Highly effective organisational and task management skills.
Key Competencies we are looking for:
- Strategically and operationally aware.
- Strong business awareness
- Excellent communicator
- Highly analytical and critical thinker
- Conceptual thinking
- Concern for standards
- Adaptive and flexible in approach
- Rational persuasion and judgment
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Stakeholder management
- High level of customer service orientation with planning, organising and project management skills.
- Focused on delivering quality results using effective processes and systems.
- Good time management skills with clear attention to detail.
- Ability to work and keep calm under pressure.
- Enthusiastic, with a can-do attitude and encourages high expectations.
- Effective team player who can influence and motivate others.
- Ability to articulate and deliver creative solutions and new ideas.
The position of Business Analyst is an exciting, dynamic and highly rewarding one for the right candidate. In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary and a benefits package that includes:
- Holiday Entitlement of up to 36 days
- 30 Days Company Sick Pay
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Life Events celebration bonuses for Birthday, First Wedding and Baby
- TekBuxs - employee nominated bonus scheme, where points earned can be cashed for gift cards
This position is full time and is based in Traveltek Headquarters in East Kilbride, Glasgow. Our office is freshly decorated and comes with benefits such as:
- Free fresh fruit, tea and coffee
- Computer Games station
- Free Car Parking
- Social Nights
Join Traveltek and you become part of a team that values strong working relationships, career progression and shared success. We are committed to your development and job satisfaction in the firm belief that if you excel, so do we. We want you to play a key role in our evolution and expansion, becoming part of our on-going success story – and the growing Traveltek family.
We look forward to having you on board!