Join Traveltek and play a part in shaping the future of online travel booking
Traveltek is seeking an experienced and talented Customer Support Advocate to join the Traveltek Customer Support Team. As a Customer Support Advocate, you will interact directly with our clients when they require assistance with Traveltek systems. You will work closely with our Commercial, Project Management, and Customer Success teams to solve problems and resolve highly complex technical issues. The Customer Support Advocate role reports into Traveltek’s Operations organization and represents the voice of our clients within the business. A passion for technology, a passion for travel, and solid technology expertise combined with excellent communication skills and business insight are critical to a Customer Support Advocate's success.
In this role you will be required to work with various in-house web applications to help you resolve any issues that may arise, communicating with customers through our industry standard ticketing portal, speaking with third-party suppliers, and acting as part of our 24-hour support team (leveraging a follow the sun methodology) to provide best in class service for our clients.
Traveltek is currently pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. The East Kilbride-headquartered firm, which also has offices in the Midlands, Australia and USA, is looking to strengthen its market share in existing locations and establish a presence in new growing markets.
Traveltek helps travel businesses around the globe to sell, create and manage their travel portfolio with more than 600 flight, hotel, cruise and ancillary suppliers. With thousands of users and millions of rows of data, a career at Traveltek offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast-growing organisation. With over fifteen years’ experience, we are recognised as one of the leading travel technology companies in the world.
- Effectively solve problems and resolve client-raised support cases using our incident management tool, Jira Service Desk
- Provide functional or technical assistance and guidance where required
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with various areas and levels of the organization
- Provide detailed explanation on case specifics when calling out issues that require resolution by the Traveltek product or technical teams
- Contribute to knowledge base comments and articles to further internal and external knowledge transfer
- Identify and remediate opportunities for process improvement
- Call-out new information and work closely with other Customer Support Advocates on a consistent basis
- Monitor availability of all Traveltek products to maintain a consistent awareness of current performance
- As a Customer Support Advocate, you will be a solid teammate with a talent for problem solving, who is customer focused and inspired by organisational effectiveness.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Proficiency with APIs and SQL as related to other programming languages
- Familiarity with web-based and mobile based product development and understand typical technology architecture for high-volume web sites
- Ability to deliver high quality and workable solutions for technical issues
- Ability to communicate technical specifications and solve problems
- Ability to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems
- Superb communication skills are required, and a bachelor’s degree is preferred (Science Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred)
- Strong multi-tasking skills who can handle multiple projects at a time, whilst prioritising tasks effectively, and thrive in a dynamic, pressured and complex environment
- Commercial experience in a similar technical product support, consulting or incident management position
Working hours in line with core business hours.
The role is based in our Brisbane office.
Applicants must be permitted to work in Australia and currently be residing in the country.
Join Traveltek and you become part of a team that values strong working relationships, career progression and shared success. We are committed to your development and job satisfaction in the firm belief that if you excel, so do we. We want you to play a key role in our evolution and expansion, becoming part of our on-going success story – and the growing Traveltek family.
Take your career to new heights with Traveltek. We look forward to having you on board!