Join Traveltek and play a part in shaping the future of online travel booking!
We are currently looking for a Design Manager to join the company’s growing in-house team. This is a new role in our organisation, to head up a newly formed design team and oversee the production of its digital design output. Working with other designers, you will help brief new projects arriving into the team, oversee and produce the various stages of site design from UX wireframe prototyping through to high fidelity mockups, critiquing all output to ensure high quality creative work that meets the specifications of the job, and that is delivered on budget and to strict deadlines.
Headquartered in Glasgow - with additional offices across the UK, USA, Dubai, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong and India - Traveltek provides SaaS-based booking and distribution software to travel agents, tour operators and wholesalers worldwide. Backed by a leading venture capital firm, global expansion is at the top of the agenda. We are currently operational in 30 countries worldwide and traction in new and emerging markets supporting a positive outlook for continued growth.
You will be responsible for the following key deliverables:
- Ensure high quality creative output of our design team.
- Making sure projects are delivered on time and to the specification required.
- Stay abreast of latest best practices and techniques, keeping the company at the forefront of travel digital design.
- Help to put processes in place to make the team operate as efficiently as possible.
- Be client facing - always available to discuss or present designs to Traveltek customers in a confident and friendly manner.
- Work closely with the other internal Traveltek teams, and go above and beyond to ensure project objectives are met.
- Develop a solid understanding of digital technologies and the wider travel industry with a commitment to further personal development.
Skills and Experience
- Must have digital design experience to a senior level and be able to present a portfolio of previous work.
- Fully proficient with all aspects of Adobe Creative Suite to an advanced level.
- Familiar with UX practices, techniques and design processes and ability to deliver a research led design projects to completion.
- Demonstrate knowledge of designing across multiple devices.
- Expertise in brand design, strategy, and working within brand guidelines.
- Ability to manage and deliver projects within a set of defined business objectives.
- A team player, able to manage, instruct, mentor and collaborate with the design and all other internal teams.
- Confident, knowledgeable and able to present ideas in client facing situations.
- Smart, reliable, punctual and dedicated.
The position is full time and office based at our HQ in East Kilbride, Glasgow.
Salary band: £32,000-£38,000 plus bonus.
This position is subject to pre-employment checks including Disclosure Scotland screening.
What You Can Expect in Return
Join Traveltek and you become part of a team that values strong working relationships, career progression and shared success. We are committed to your development and job satisfaction in the firm belief that if you excel, so do we. We want you to play a key role in our evolution and expansion, becoming part of our ongoing success story – and the growing Traveltek family.
Employees also benefit from a number of initiatives including birthday and loyalty bonus payments, our yearly "conference of a lifetime" for top employees (which last year was an all-expenses paid trip to Las Vegas), and our legendary Christmas parties.
Get stuck in, use your creativity, and help build a rapidly growing start-up minded business.
Take your career to new heights with Traveltek. We look forward to having you on board!