Join the Traveltek team and help shape the future of travel technology
Traveltek has been delivering cutting-edge booking solutions to travel agents, tour operators and wholesalers for almost two decades and is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading travel technology providers. Our comprehensive range of finely-tuned products helps our global client base - which spans more than 30 countries - to work smarter, improve their bottom line and enhance customer experience and retention.
We handle millions of transactions annually, offering real-time support to our clients. This calls for a dedicated team of experts, proficient in a wide range of skills; from developers, web designers, sales and marketing to project management, implementation and customer success. They all share a common passion for delivering high quality service standards and technical proficiency.
We’re pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy and are always on the lookout for fresh talent to help us achieve our ambitious plans for growth. We are currently looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer to join our friendly and ever-expanding team and help us build the next generation of our products, allowing agencies and tour operators to better facilitate bookings for their clients. You will be creating web applications primarily developed in React. You will also be working closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and make sure your code is well written, well tested and scalable across our platform.
Do you excel in solving unique and complex technical problems? Do you want to create products that thousands of customers around the world use all day long to help them do their job? Can you imagine the future advancements of travel booking API’s and be ready to pioneer towards it? If this sounds like you, then you must apply!
You will be integrating public domain or proprietary systems and combine them into commercial tools for our clients using in house software and industry standard tools such as Jira, Git and CodeDeploy. The process will include troubleshooting and optimisation of these elements throughout the development. You will be forecasting new features and facilities that travel businesses and their customers may need in the future and work through from the design stage right through to the handover of the finished product.
Your key responsibilities will include:
● Creating web applications primarily developed in React with our own JSON API
● Developing Traveltek products such as booking engines, back office and CRM systems
● Forecast and experiment with new technologies and work to implement and integrate them into a finished product stage.
● Troubleshooting and investigating Linux/AWS servers, with performance tuning when required
● Make use of modern database theory and OO theory in designing our tools and products
● Striving for continuous improvement within the team
● Working with our Product Team to bring new, and exciting enhancements to our customer base.
The Ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge and or experience:
● Knowledge of API communication technologies, such as JSON, REST, XML and SOAP
● Experience on Linux, with MySQL and SVN and/or Git
● Meticulous attention to detail
● Great organisation and time management skills
● Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
● Professional experience within a team environment
The position of Full Stack Developer is is an exciting, dynamic and highly rewarding one for the right candidate. In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary and a benefits package that includes:
- Holiday Entitlement of up to 36 days
- 30 Days Company Sick Pay
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Life Events celebration bonuses for Birthday, First Wedding and Baby
- TekBuxs - employee nominated bonus scheme, where points earned can be cashed for gift cards
This position is full time and is based in Traveltek Headquarters in East Kilbride, Glasgow. Our office is freshly decorated and comes with benefits such as:
- Free fresh fruit, tea and coffee
- Computer Games station
- Free Car Parking
- Social Nights
Join Traveltek and you become part of a team that values strong working relationships, career progression and shared success. We are committed to your development and job satisfaction in the firm belief that if you excel, so do we. We want you to play a key role in our evolution and expansion, becoming part of our on-going success story – and the growing Traveltek family.
We look forward to having you on board!