Join Traveltek and play a part in shaping the future of online travel booking!
Traveltek is currently pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. The East Kilbride-headquartered firm, which also has offices in the Midlands, Sydney, Miami, Dubai, Singapore, Hyderabad and Hong Kong is looking to strengthen its market share in existing locations and establish a presence in new growing markets.
Traveltek helps travel businesses around the globe to sell, create and manage their travel portfolio with more than 600 flight, hotel, cruise and ancillary suppliers. With thousands of users and millions of rows of data, a career at Traveltek offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organisation. With over fifteen years experience, we are recognised as one of the leading travel technology companies in the world.
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Support Specialist to join our team in HiTec City, Hyderabad - India.
Our support team are responsible for looking after our customers, helping them use our web based application, and resolving any problems that might occur.
In this role you will be required to work with various in-house web applications to help you resolve any issues that may arise, communicating with customers through our online ticketing portal, speaking with third-party suppliers, and acting as part of our 24 hour support team to provide the best service available.
This is an excellent opportunity for somebody with strong technical and customer support skills to help provide world class service to our customers across the globe.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Answering support tickets entered via our online portal
- Helping customers understand how different parts of our application work
- Problem solving issues on our application, which may involve fixing bugs in the Perl code
- Understanding our customers businesses and how they use the system
- Finding problems in XML requests and responses
- Speaking with third-party suppliers about API integrations
- Having technical discussions with customers and other Traveltek staff
Our ideal candidate will have experience in this field, with existing customer service skills and a good technical background.
Applicants must have the following:
- A good technical background, such as a relevant IT qualification, work experience or demonstrable skills
It is beneficial if applicants also have:
- Previous experience in a similar capacity
- Experience working with Linux, MySQL, SVN and/or Git
- Knowledge of XML based APIs
- Programming experience in any language, preferably Perl and/or Python
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn new aspects in this area of work
- Great organisation and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
In return we offer the successful applicant an excellent salary commensurate with experience.
As we provide 24 hour support, you need to be willing to work day and night shifts, based in our Hyderabad office.
This position is full time and is based at our new development and support centre in Hitec City Hyderabad. This position is subject to pre-employment checks.
Take your career to new heights with Traveltek. We look forward to having you on board!