Traveltek has been delivering cutting-edge booking solutions to travel agents, tour operators and wholesalers for almost two decades and is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading travel technology providers. Our comprehensive range of finely-tuned products helps our global client base - which spans more than 30 countries - to work smarter, improve their bottom line and enhance customer experience and retention.
We handle millions of transactions annually, offering real-time support to our clients. This calls for a dedicated team of experts, proficient in a wide range of skills; from developers, web designers, sales and marketing, to project management, implementation and customer success. They all share a common passion for delivering high quality service standards and technical proficiency. Sound like you?
We’re pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy and are always on the lookout for fresh talent to help us achieve our ambitious plans for growth. We are currently looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join our friendly and ever-expanding development team within the fast-paced, ever evolving travel industry. In this role you will be required to work with various in-house web applications to help you resolve any issues that may arise, communicating with customers through our online ticketing portal, speaking with third-party suppliers, and acting as part of our 24-hour support team to provide the best service available.
Our support team are responsible for looking after our customers, helping them use our web-based application, and resolving any problems that might occur.
This is an excellent opportunity for somebody with strong technical and customer support skills to help provide world class service to our customers across the globe.
You will need to possess the following demonstrable skills and experience:
- Answering support tickets entered via our online portal
- Helping customers understand how different parts of our application work
- Problem solving issues on our application, which may involve fixing bugs in the Perl code
- Understanding our customers businesses and how they use the system
- Finding problems in XML requests and responses
- Speaking with third-party suppliers about API integrations
- Having technical discussions with customers and other Traveltek staff
- Our ideal candidate will have experience in this field, with existing customer service skills and a good technical background.
The Ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge and or experience:
- A good technical background, such as a relevant IT qualification, work experience or demonstrable skills
- It is beneficial if applicants also have:
- Previous experience in a similar capacity
- Experience working with Linux, MySQL, SVN and/or Git
- Knowledge of XML based APIs
- Programming experience in any language, preferably Perl and/or Python
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn new aspects in this area of work
- Great organisation and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
The position of Technical Support Specialist is an exciting, dynamic and highly rewarding one for the right candidate. In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary, a benefits package that includes holiday entitlement of up to 30 days, Private Health Care and a Pension Contribution Scheme.
This position is full time and is based in our office in Hyderabad, India.
We provide 24-hour support; the role requires working day and night shifts, based in the office.
Foreign language skills, especially Spanish, German, Italian or French would be advantageous.
This is not a position for the faint hearted as it requires several areas of cross skilling and an overall drive to be the best in your field.
Join Traveltek and you become part of a team that values strong working relationships, career progression and shared success. We are committed to your development and job satisfaction in the firm belief that if you excel, so do we. We want you to play a key role in our evolution and expansion, becoming part of our on-going success story – and the growing Traveltek family.
We look forward to having you on board!